Probate is the process of carrying out the intention of a decedent as provided in the Last Will and Testament. Probate can be complicated from opening the probate estate to understanding the tax implications. This process can be overwhelming for the decedents after losing their loved one.
For more than 30 years, the Axelson, Williamowsky, Bender & Fishman, P.C. (AWBF) firm has handled numerous probate matters from the least difficult to the most complex cases. We lessen the burden of the personal representative, navigate them through the complexities and offer guidance as to all procedures.
Our probate practice includes guidance and assistance in:
- Drafting all documents necessary to open the estate
- Distribution and administration
- Determining the validity of claims to resolve any controversy with heirs and beneficiaries
- Estate tax returns
- Probate court hearings
- Probate litigation
If you need guidance or you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please fill out the contact form above so that we can assist you as soon as possible.
Why Choose Our Firm
- Proudly provided services to the Washington Metropolitan Area for over 35 years with a combined attorney experience of 100 years.
- Full-service firm that specializes in Personal Injury, Workmen's Compensation, Family Law, Wills and Estate Planning, Criminal Law, etc.
- Our attorneys have earned a caring reputation for advising and representing a diverse client base throughout DC, MD and VA.
- We provide quality representation for a fair and reasonable fee – we will work with you!